Saturday, March 27, 2010

On Friday I took Annabel to get her 4 year needles. I actually nearly forgot about it! For some reason I was thinking that it was 5 years and not 4. But thankfully my friends reminded and we also got a letter in the mail reminding me. So Friday morning we walked down to the doctors to have a "check up". I didn't tell Annabel exactly what she was going to have, but I did take an Easter egg along with us and told her that if she was really good during her "check up" she could eat the Easter egg.

So after arriving she became suspicious, she told me " I don't want to get a noodle like Margy, Mummy!", she always calls them noodles for some reason. She also remembers my Mum having to have a lot of them. I didn't tell her either way, I just reminded her of the reward afterwards.

So in the doctors surgery she was good. She sat on my lap very still. The doctor gave her her needle and she screamed! She cried out how much it hurt and how terrible it was. And then it was time for needle number 2 in the other arm. Boy did she carry on. But she didn't wriggle to much which I was thankful for, she just screamed and cried. Even when it was all over she was so upset she refused to take a jelly bean off the doctor. Amelia found it all very entertaining. She just sat there in her stroller staring, and was very pleased that she got a jelly bean without having to go through any trauma.

Annabel sulked for a little while after but was happy once she got her chocolate egg. I then told her she didn't have to have a needle for a long time. But then later that day I realised that a lot of people were getting the swine flu vaccine for their kids. So maybe it wont be the last.....

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you're not in the states...no shots from age 2 until 5! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers