This past week the girls and I went down to my Dad's for 5 days to catch up with the family and so I could go to my friends wedding. Adam wasn't able to get any time off so it was just the girls and I. We flew down and it was so nice because this time Amelia had her own seat. I didn't really like the idea of paying for another seat but fortunately I found cheap tickets, and boy was it worth it! The girls were great! I didn't realise that it had been that long since I flew down last time. It has been like 8 months because the past 2 times we all drove down. So the flights went well and fast. A one hour flight sure is nice!
So once at my Dad's house we caught up with everyone. It was such a great trip down, I was busy everyday but I was still able to keep the girls in their normal routine. So everyday Amelia had her nap and they were both in bed at their usual bed time without much fussing. It was awesome! I just love routine and that feeling of being in control of my children (as most mothers do I am sure!).
So the first night my sister Jo and partner Steve came over and we ordered Indian. I just love Indian food! The girls were excited to see them, they had a play and ate, but it wasn't too long before they were bathed and in bed asleep. The following days everybody came over or I went to see them. I caught up with different friends which was lovely as I haven't seen many of my friends down there for ages. The wedding was an awesome time! I got to see all my friends from uni and it was great to catch up. It was a shame that Adam wasn't able to be there, but needless to say I still had a great time. My sister Jo baby sat the girls for me at my Dad's, so I had a night to myself which was lovely.
We had a bbq on the Sunday and on Monday I went shopping with my 2 other sisters, Kathy and Peta, and sister-in-law Richelle and niece Sarah. And of course little Hamish who is 9 months old and ever so cute! I was able to see all my friends from my mothers group on Tuesday and let the girls play with all their little friends that they hadn't seen in ages!
It was a great trip, I really enjoyed myself. It has been so long since I've had time to go and do things when I'm down there. And not only that, I was able to keep the girls in their normal routine. we had a few dramas, but nothing to bad. Amelia woke up vomiting one night but it must have been something she ate because she was fine after. But the strange thing was that she did the same thing 2 days later but in the morning. I don't know what it was, but I do know that sometimes when she coughs she seems to make herself sick. I'm not sure, but she seemed fine afterwards. It was gross, but she was fine.
So anyways, it was a great trip, much needed and refreshing! So now we are home and Annabel is at preschool and Amelia is taking a nap. So I think I will finish the housework an enjoy the lovely peace and quiet.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(22)
-
▼
March
(8)
- Amelia's favourite show at the moment is Playschoo...
- On Friday I took Annabel to get her 4 year needles...
- This past week the girls and I went down to my Dad...
- I think Amelia has been watching Finding Nemo way ...
- Bed shopping
- sound sleep
- On Tuesday all our visitors went home. It had been...
- My independant husky little princess
-
▼
March
(8)
No comments:
Post a Comment