Sunday, January 17, 2010

So the last couple of weeks have been busy! I have become really slack with my blogging and need to get back into it again. I dont want to turn around one day and wish that I had kept track of all things we've done as a family. Like my scrapbooking which has been untouched for months, and many months again before that. It seems though that my kids hate it when Im on the computer, but when I have the time, there is always something else I need to do. At night I am to tired to do anything except veg on the lounge or simply go to bed! I just need to post little blogs more often I guess!



Anyhoo! This past weekend we went up to friends Mark and Jody's place.They have Mia and Bella. Annabel and Mia are best friends. They haven't seen each other for ages, as we have been away and they have been away, so we the girls (and us adults!) were so excited to have a good catch up! It was great! We went out for Thai and we stayed the night, so it gave us plenty of time to chat away once the kids were all asleep without the need for babysitters. Mind you though, we didn't end up getting to bed til 3am! I have no idea where the time went, nor how I managed to stay up that late! Im lucky if Im still awake at 9.30pm! So we had a great catch up and the kids were so good.



Annabel however has been a bit difficult lately. Listening seems to be a real struggle for her and a constant battle for me! I thought "maybe she has something wrong with her ears?", but no. Mention the word chocolate and she tunes in quick smart! I just feel like Im yelling at her all the time and sending her to her room. Im make her stand in from of me and look me straight in the eye when I speak to her to make sure she is listening. She does all that except listen! GRRRR!!!! I get so frustrated! So now I have to make her repeat everything I say. Her mind is always wandering, and I realised that that concentrated look on her face was her listening hard to hear the TV to see which one of her shows was on! If only she would listen so closely to me! I guess my constant nagging is not working! So anyways, we are working on this "listening thing" now, and hopefully I can bring her attention back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers