Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Amelia!

Happy Birthday Meelie Moo! Yesterday was Amelia's 2nd Birthday, and also Australia Day (26/1). The lucky little munchkin will always have a public holiday on her birthday, and will never have to go to school or work! Its hard to believe that my baby is already 2, which means Annabel will be 4 in 2 weeks!!!!
So yesterday we decided to take the girls into the city to South Bank for a swim and to join in all the festivites going on. I was really bummed though because my camera's batteries were flat and I didn't get any photos while we were there. The girls had a great time though, swimming, eating, playing, and watching everything that was going on. There were so many people there, but not so many that you were overwhelmed, but enough to create a great atmosphere. Lots of families celebrating, and everyone was dressed in the red, white and blue colours of our flag and there were flags everywhere, in many different forms and shapes. Adam's parents had sent the girls a cute American outfit for Christmas, all red white and blue, so they wore that and blended in very well! Its great that both flags have the same colours!
We ended up staying in the city for 5 hours, but decided to leave after Amelia was starting to lose it, and needed a sleep.
We then came home and rocked out to Guy Sebastion and Beyonce. The girls loved having their own little disco! We didn't have a proper birthday party for Amelia yet, because we decided to wait until all of Adam's family were over and have a joint party for the girls while we are away. So we had dinner and then the birthday cake. Amelia was so excited and Annabel equally excited when we brought the cake out with its lit candles on top. Singing happy birthday is by far the most exciting part of having a birthday. I think if thats all my girls ever got they would be stoked! I would love to be a kid again!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Amelia is already 2...let alone Annabel is almost 4! I remember when you guys came for a visit and Annabel was just a baby! Happy 2nd Birthday to Amelia! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Followers