So its raining! It is wonderful! After all the stinking hot humid days, we finally have some relief! Its funny though because usually rainy overcast weather is depressing, but not at the moment. But I am hoping that it is over by the weekend, because we are going away for 2 weeks! Adam's brother, Andy, arrived here on Saturday morning. It was so exciting! The girls just love their fun Uncle Andy! The day we arrived we decided to take him up into the city and do the usual thing up there. We went swimming at Southbank and then walked over into the city and then through the botanical gardens. It was a nice day, not to hot (although I still managed to get sun burnt even though I had many layers of sunscreen that were reapplied through out the day!), and there was a beautiful breeze.
We then walked over to kangaroo point where there is a great cliff face that stretches across for about 200 metres and is right on the river with picnic tables and grassy areas for the kids to play. It is the place to go climbing and is always filled with people. Adam and Andy took their climbing gear and headed up the rock face. Andy made it all the way up, but poor 'ol Adam was hurting a bit and couldn't quite make it. He is not as fit as he used to be! I like to say that he has settled into the family role and is enjoying the many different "comforts" that come with that. Exercising being at the bottom of the list. But needless to say they both had a great time, and the girls loved watching them. I was annoyed though, because yet again I didn't have my camera with me, so I couldn't take any photos. The girls both wanted to climb as well. Annabel put on Adam's climbing shoes and helmet and attempted to climb. She really wanted to climb to the top but changed her mind when she realized just how hard and scary it was being only 3 feet above the ground. All in all it was a good day!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(22)
-
▼
January
(9)
- So its raining! It is wonderful! After all the sti...
- Annabel is so desperate for it to be her birthday....
- Today was SO stinking hot! But for some reason I d...
- Happy 2nd Birthday Amelia!
- So the last couple of weeks have been busy! I have...
- Camping trip
- Christmas Day
- Final Good Bye....
- The last few weeks have been very busy! Getting re...
-
▼
January
(9)
No comments:
Post a Comment