The past 2 weeks have been very different for us. The girls and I are back in NSW with my beautiful Mum, and my Dad and family. My Mum has battled ovarian cancer for the past 2 and half years and now her health has declined more than ever. As hard as it to even comprehend what is going on I just want to take a moment and say how much I love my Mum. She is the strongest person I have ever known. She has never, ever complained about her cancer and even amidst all her sickness has kept all of us strong. She is a fighter, she is practical, she is so understanding and she always has time to listen. She always has a way of comforting me. Even now, when she is so sick, she still comforts me. She doesn't have to say much but her eyes say it all. She has always been strong for us and now we have to be strong for her.
Cancer is such a roller coaster ride, and I have to admit that I am really exhausted. You are never prepared - no matter what anybody says or how long they have been sick - to see someone you love go through something so horrible. But my hope remains in God.
I am so thankful though, to my wonderful husband Adam. He is such a great support and I love him and miss him so much!
The girls have been so good, despite circumstances. Its amazing though how little kids know what is going on. Before Mum was critically ill, Annabel kept nagging me constantly to go and see her. Mum was sick but it was what we were used to. I never talk to Annabel to much about Mum, because she is only little and doesn't need to be worried and anxious. But one night she woke up at 2am and insisted that I take her to the airport because she really needed to see "Margy" (my Mum). She was so upset and was crying and it took me a while to get her back to sleep. But it didn't end there, all week she nagged me, and I couldn't understand why because I already had flights booked for 2 weeks time. But then Mum began to get sicker and Annabel was more insistent. I told her that there were no seats left on the plane that day, so she said "Mum, we will just have to drive NOW!". And so we did. We left home an hour after deciding, Adam driving all of us.
I dont know how she knew, but all I know is that it must have been a God thing. I am so glad that we went when we did. So much has happened since we got here. We spend all day with Mum, and the girls are really being good for being at the hospital so long.
Its a roller coaster ride, but my Mum is riding it the best. I love my Mum, more than I could every express.
Emma, Adam and girls,
ReplyDeleteYou are all in our thoughts as you a going through this very difficult time in your family. I am so glad that you can all be together and share some time and memories. Emma, you are so amazing and strong and I am so happy to know you have Adam to help you through this. Thank you for posting on your blog, it was so wonderful to read how Annabel insisted you go to see your mum and you all got in the car and went. Andrew and I are thinking about you all and please know how much we care about you and your family.
Love,
Andrew, Emily and Isabel
I am so sad reading this, I am sure that the last few weeks have been both physically and emotionally exhausting. We'll be praying for you guys.
ReplyDeletewe will be praying for you and your family emma!! i can't imagine how hard this must be for you guys. your mom is strong and has held on for a long time! it's amazing on how much annabel knows w/out you telling her things. it's good that you and your siblings have been a great support system for each other! love you guys!!! :D
ReplyDelete