Amelia has been waking up so much lately. I cant even remember the last time she slept through the night. She will wake up at least once or twice through the night crying out "Mummmyyyy!" over and over. So reluctantly I get up, and all she wants is some milk. I know its a bad habit, but I really dont care at 1am. I give it to her and it usually settles her back down and I can go back to sleep.
Annabel has always been a good sleeper. Both girls were good as babies (well at least after the first couple of months!). My main goal was always to get them to sleep through the night, so I always pretty strict with feedings and nap time and so on. It was hard at first but I persevered and the results paid off. Both girls were sleeping 12hours a night by 12 weeks. Annabel continued and still sleeps well to this day. Well she did wake up occasionally if she was teething, sick, or in a strange place, but I could generally count on her to sleep through. Amelia on the other hand, was great at first, but then something changed, but I dont know what. She started waking up a lot at about 6-7 months and it has just kind of continued. I know that Im probably not helping because I give into her, but it just drives me crazy! And lately when she goes to bed she rarely wants to stay in there. Annabel always went to bed well, often asking us to put her to bed! But Amelia is a whole different ball game. Sometimes if she's really tired she'll go out well, but other times she will just yell out to us until Daddy goes in and brings her out. She knows she's getting away with something and she loves it. It might just be that we aren't as strict with Amelia as we were with Annabel. Oh Well, she cant do this forever, right?
We can relate!:) Abby is a light sleeper (like her mama) and tends to "waller" around a lot at night. Since she sleeps with us sometimes its like pinball when she is in between us both! I think the consistency of bedtime rituals really helps though. Good luck, at least they won't be doing this when they are 18....hopefully! --Joan
ReplyDelete