Yesterday, the grossest thing! And this wasn't' anything to do with the my kids either. Adam, while home for lunch, was walking in the backdoor when all of sudden a big spider landed on him. He didn't think anything of it at first until he got a look at it. It was the biggest creepiest spider I had ever seen, and I have seen my fair share of spiders. It was as big as Adam's hand. Before he saw it he thought it was just a harmless huntsman, which do get quite big and are hairy, but harmless. But this didn't look anything like a huntsman to me. It had stripes on its legs and a weird pattern on its body. From my experience huntsman's were just one shade of brown all over. It also moved very quickly and stood in this strange position. Adam had managed to flick it off and it jumped into the curtains. Adam, who hates to kill anything, got the fly and insect spray and sprayed in and around the curtain trying to kill it. I in the mean time held Amelia because she wanted to go up and see the "bider". I hate spiders. I cant even hardly look at them without feeling sick and creeped out. So while the spider was very slowly dying we managed to get a photo of it and then went online and looked up what it could be. By looking at the photos online it looked to us to be a wolf spider, which are quite poisonous here, and require and anti venom if your bitten.
So I was just feeling so thrilled about having a venomous spider in my house! After a while Adam managed to catch the half dead spider in a bucket then put it in a clear container. It eventually died. Once Adam got back to work he emailed a work colleagues husband, who does pest control, the photo of the spider to see what kind it was. Everyone at Adam's work was convinced it was a wolf spider, some telling lovely stories of how the adult ones actually prey on birds! So anyway, eventually the pest guy got back to us and told us that it actually was a harmless huntsman, just a different kind, and not an awful bird eating monster! What an event! This poor spider, was actually harmless, and we killed it! But at the same time I still don't like spiders and don't like them in my house! So anyways, I was relieved that I didn't have a wolf spider pandemic at my house, but I still had the creeps for the rest of the day!
Hope this doesn't deter all you future visitors of ours!!!!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment