Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swinging Solo


Today was a very exciting day for Annabel - she has learned to swing all by herself! She has been trying and trying for what seems like years to her and today she accomplished that dream! And Adam and I couldn't be more happier, because now we can actually SIT outside and watch the girls play instead of standing there pushing them both. Now while Amelia cant swing herself, Annabel is more than glad to push her little sister. So its great! Annabel's over the moon and so are we!
It is so cute to watch her and see how proud she felt. You forget how something so small like swinging on a swing can be so huge for someone so little. I remember when I was little sitting there for hours trying to click my fingers and when I did it it was like I had a climbed Mount Everest!
So she couldn't get enough of this new accomplishment of hers. She swung her little self back and forth for over an hour before she quickly ran inside, gobbled down her dinner, and ran straight back out there swinging again until it started getting dark and her bath was ready. I am sure tomorrow, after preschool, will be the same, and for the next few days or so until she finds something else to master. She has been trying to whistle, but I think that will take a little while yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers