Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer already?

The girls paddling in their little pool

This is South Bank in the city where we take the girls swimming
It is beautiful!


I just cant get over how hot the weather has been lately! I mean, I know we are in Brisbane and it is warm up here, but it has been HOT! Yesterday it was 33 degrees Celsius ( I think that is about 90 F) and it is still technically winter! I'm not complaining though, I love this weather! But I have to say that I am a little concerned about how hot the summer is going to be this year. Thankfully we have airconditioning and we got our roof insulated so that should keep us cool.

On Sunday we went up into the city to South Bank and took the girls swimming in the lagoon. It is a man made beach/lagoon thingy right in the heart of the city over looking the river. It is just beautiful there. We all had a swim and the girls had a blast. It was actually quite relaxing this time. Both girls are pretty cautious so we just sat in the water and they splashed away. It was great!

Yesterday I put the girls little pool up and let them have a splash around. And I think I will be doing the same thing today. Both of them are so tan it makes me jealous! But I am glad that they have their Fathers skin and not mine, otherwise we would probably have 2 little red girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers