Sunday, June 21, 2009

A new baby cousin!

Congratulations to James and Richelle on the birth of little "Hamish Kevin Kearney"! Little Hamish came into the world on Saturday June 20th. He was 2 weeks early and a tiny 5lb 7. The girls are both excited but Annabel is still insisting that "he is a girl baby, Mum!". Hmmm, I guess she will just have to see for herself when we go down to meet him in 2 weeks.
It has been quite an eventful weekend, it was Adam's 29th birthday on Friday, so the girls and I were busy shopping for yummy food for a birthday dinner and yummy stuff for a birthday cake. Annabel helped me make a delicious red birthday cake for Daddy, because red is his favourite colour, Annabel insisted that the cake be red! So we made it with bright red icing and covered it in chocolate smarties. Yes, I was a little nervous at using red food colouring, thinking the girls were going to be bouncing off the walls, but they handled it pretty well.
On Saturday we went to Annabel's best friend, Mia's 3rd birthday party. I was quite distracted though most of the day as Mum had rang me on our way there and told me Richelle's baby was on its way. So I was waiting and waiting to hear of any news.......and alas 2pm I got the call from my brother James to say that it was a little boy! A bit of a shock for our side of the family, because nobody has had a boy first. There is always lots of girls so it was nice to have a little boy in the family again.
So we stayed at the party all day and the girls had a great time, playing, eating, playing, eating, getting filthy, eating more lollies, playing, eating and I think you get the picture. We didn't leave til 4pm and Amelia had not had a sleep all day but she did very well! She was not cranky at all! All up it was a good and eventful day!
Now I am just anxiously waiting the 2 weeks til I can go home and meet the new arrival! I just cant wait to see little Hamish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers