Sunday, December 6, 2009

The past few weeks has been a bit of a roller coaster ride but we are settling in quite well. We are back to doing all the normal things, the girls are happy to be home and Annabel has loved being back at preschool and so do I! We've been keeping busy getting ready for Christmas - I cant believe it is only 2 1/2 weeks away! Annabel is really excited has been asking everyday if its Christmas yet. A couple of weeks ago we had a our own little Thanksgiving. The girls did some Thanksgiving crafts which they loved and have been wanting to do crafts everyday. They just love it and it keeps them busy, even though they make a huge mess! Lately they have been making their own Christmas decorations. Our Christmas tree is adorned with beautiful handmade childrens crafts! The girls just love looking at the tree and are so proud that they decorated it. I think that will be a tradition of ours every year, making our own Christmas decorations.

The weather has been really hot here. We've been busy trying to erect a big shade cloth over our back yard so the girls can actually play outside during the day. It is to hot otherwise. We also got the girls a trampoline as an early Christmas present. They love it! Amelia is still a bit cautious and just bounces on her knees near the edge. Annabel jumps around and tries to do all kinds of tricks. The day after we got it, though, she managed to sprain her ankle! I took her to the hospital and sat there for 2 1/2 hours (the nurses and doctors were great though!) and she had xrays and so on. One of the doctors wanted to put her leg in plaster just in case there was small bone breakages, but thankfully they decided against it and Annabel just wore a compression sock - phew! Could you imagine a 3 year old in plaster in this hot, hot weather?! No thanks! So anyways we left the hospital and came home. Before we left though Annabel could bare to walk, but as soon as we got home she ran out to the backyard and proceeded to jump on the trampoline!!!! I couldn't believe it! The little monkey! Needless to say I pulled her straight off and made her sit inside quietly for awhile. I didn't spend half my morning at the hospital for nothing!

So we are settling in quite well. I still have my moments often, and its hard to think that Mum is really gone. But one day at a time. No pressure. The girls sure keep me busy though! We are have a lot to look forward to over the next few months. First Christmas back with my family, then camping with my sister and her family, then in January we have friends from the US, Jeff and Leah, coming over, then Adam's parents and his brother Andy and sister Amye and boyfriend Tyler coming over for 2-3 weeks in February, and then in April our other good friends, Andrew and Emily and their little one Isabel are coming over! Lots of great people to see! I cant wait!

The girls hanging out with Adam in the hammock


Amelia's just a little to scared to stand or go anywhere
near the middle of the trampoline

Annabel has no fear!


The beautiful Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers