Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Biking

Last weekend Adam and I took the girls for a family bike ride. Two days before that we had gone for a short ride, which I am glad that we did, because I cant even remember the last time I rode a bike! So last Sunday we piled the girls into the bike trailer, Adam pulled them along, and off we went. We had found all these bike trails near our house that we didn't even know existed. It was beautiful riding through all bushy paths. I was nervous at first but soon gained more confidence and my butt didn't seem to hurt as much after awhile (I forgot how hard some bike seats can be!) The girls were really good, they love riding in the trailer, and they especially love it when Adam rides fast. I, on the other hand, was struggling to keep up! I didn't realise how unfit I hadn't become, but it felt really good to have a work out. We rode to a park near by and we let the girls get out and have a play while I caught my breath. All in all we rode for over two hours and the girls both ended up falling asleep. The weather had been perfect as well. Queensland winters sure are nice :) I just love being able to wear a tshirt in the middle of winter.
This weekend is supposed to be even warmer so I think we might pack a lunch and head off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers